Houston, Texas 14 January 2019: Gastech, the world’s largest exhibition and conference for the global gas, LNG & energy industries, has announced eight key industry trends driving its conference programme for the next event, to be held from 17-19 September 2019 in Houston. Those interested in speaking need to apply before 8 February.
Attracting more than 35,000 attendees, including 3,500 conference delegates, the Gastech conference is an extraordinary gathering of the most influential and progressive energy leaders from across the full value chain of the global gas industry.
Given that energy consumption is set to expand by at least 25 per cent by 2040, the gas industry is teetering on the threshold of an exciting new era. No single energy source can meet this rising level of consumption and the ‘dash for gas’ is set to continue as policy makers and end users seek cleaner energy solutions to satisfy demand. Eight key industry trends being pushed to the forefront of the conference programme are:
- The new geopolitics of energy: The vast and fast paced changes in the energy sector mean organisations across the value chain are having to navigate challenges arising at the nexus of energy and geopolitics such as the 2020 IMO Emissions Cap and the North American Shale Revolution.
- Security of demand: If the industry of old used to only compete for access to resources, the sector of the future will have to compete for access to customers. What are the new business models for a new energy landscape?
- Downstream evolving: With gas playing an ever-more strategic role as a fuel for industrial processes, it’s certain to become a new era of technical partnerships and joint ventures. CO2 recycling, the future energy supplier landscape and meeting the growing demand of ethane are some of the topics to be discussed in Houston.
- The emerging role of the trading houses: The recent rise in flexible supplies means more trading opportunities, as uncontracted cargoes need a home. In 2017, the number of LNG spot cargoes sold reached 1,100 for the first time. Contracts, trading and pricing will all be put under the spotlight at Gastech 2019.
- Future proofing the operating model: Companies need to innovate at scale to create intelligent organizations equipped to compete for future customers. The technical programme will study advances in equipment and technology that can improve predictability, productivity and efficiency at all stages of the upstream value chain.
- Implementing a workforce and talent model fit for the future: Workforce strategies to recruit, develop and retain the right talent will be analysed to support those employees needing to work in new ways, develop new skills and work with a wider range of technologies.
- New commercial constructs to promote investment: The development of destination free and gas indexed US LNG exports challenges the traditional features of fixed delivery, oil-indexed supply agreements. Sellers need lasting agreements, but buyers now want shorter, flexible deals. What new business models can help, and what does the future energy supplier landscape look like?
- Greater industry wide collaboration: Whilst the industry has been conservative in its approach and pace of adoption of partnership concepts that are widely proven elsewhere, the pivot to the ‘new’ in the industry will provide plenty of opportunities for greater industry wide collaboration when it comes to local content, HSSE and CSR.
Over 400 speakers are expected to join the final programme, comprising a unique mix of ministers and policy makers, C-level executives, research teams, project managers and pioneering innovators and engineers.
“The conference at Gastech is renowned for its quality, breadth and expertise. It’s a celebration of the projects, research, innovations and leadership teams that are successfully driving and progressing the upstream, midstream and downstream value chains for the global gas, LNG and energy industries. We want to hear from all those working at the cutting edge of both commercial and technical energy production. A place on the Gastech programme represents an unparalleled opportunity for speakers to share their vision, gain international recognition and position themselves at the forefront of the global energy transition.” Said Jenny Kelly, Gastech Conference Director.
All stakeholders – from industry, government and science – are being invited to present a paper at Gastech 2019. Entries should be made online at www.gastechevent.com/speak and will be judged and voted on by the Gastech Governing Body, comprising over 70 leading industry practitioners and representing a diverse range of companies from every sector and discipline across the industry.
For more information and to submit a paper visit www.gastechevent.com/speak